Brought to you by the American Iron Sports Foundation
LOCATION: Legion Sports Fest Expo at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center
October 23 – 24, 2021
Top Strongman and women will battle for the title of the Legion Sports Fest’s STRONGEST. Competitors will push themselves to the limits competing in your favorite events such as the Farmer’s Carry + Keg Medley, Log Clean and Press for Reps, Yoke + Tire Flip Medley, Heavy Car Deadlifts, and Stone Over Bar. Hosted by American Iron Gym and the American Iron Sports Foundation.
10:00 AM Start Time Saturday & Sunday
Day 1 Events:
Farmers/Yoke Medley 80ft
LW W: 110 – 350
MW W: 130 – 400
HW W: 150 – 450
LW M: 225 – 500
MW M: 250 – 600
HW M: 275 – 700
Log Clean and Press for Reps (Clean each rep)
LW W: 110
MW W: 130
HW W: 150
LW M: 210
MW M: 240
HW M: 260
Stones of Steel Over Bar
LW W: 150
MW W: 170
HW W: 190
LW M: 225
MW M: 250
HW M: 275
Day 2 Events:
Heavy Car Deadlift for Reps
Sandbag & Wheelbarrow Medley
Farmers Carry + Yoke Medley: Watch competitors carry the heaviest Grocery Bags imaginable on a time clock, finished with a heavy Yoke Apparatus for 80 feet.
Log Clean and Press: Ever wanted to know how many times a human could press a massive log over their head? This is your chance. Watch our competitors Clean and Press a Log for reps and a time limit!
Stones of Steel Over Bar: The stones are a historical Strongman Event. Picking up a stone weighing hundreds of pounds is a feat many have done for centuries, we will have this event right here at the Legion’s Sports Fest.
Car Deadlifts: Athletes will test their limits, picking up a car for reps!
Sandbag & Wheelbarrow Medley: Competitors will run an obstacle course, filling a Wheelbarrow with heavy sandbags and progressing the wheelbarrow down the course.
Weight Classes: (Strongman Corporation)
Heavy Weight Men’s 300.5+
300# Class 264.5 – 300.4#
265# Class 231.5 – 264.5#
Men’s Middleweight Men Division:
200.5# Class to 231.4#
175.5# Class to 200.4#
Men’s Lightweight Division:
UP TO 150# Class
150.5# TO 175.4 #
Heavyweight Women 200.5# Class and Up
180.5# CLASS TO 200.4#
160.5# Class to 180.4#
140.5# Class to 160.4#
120.5# Class to 140.4#
Up to 120.4#
Strongman Event Rules and Parameters:
LOG CLEAN AND PRESS
- One attempt, Clean and Press each rep.
- There may be a 60 second time limit.
- 12” Log with handles set 24” to 29” apart.
- Athlete may press, push press, push jerk or split jerk the log overhead to a locked out position.
- Athlete must wait for the “Good” down signal to get credit and continue with the next rep.
- The athlete must lower the log under control. No deliberate dropping of the log will be permitted. The athlete may forfeit his attempt in doing so.
- Good Lift: Log locked out under control overhead with arms straight, head thru, legs and feet parallel and stationary.
- Equipment allowed: Belt, chalk, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps or sleeves. Grip Shirts.
- Equipment NOT allowed: Any item placed within the belt to provide a “shelf”. Back of belt built up to no more than 8” wide. Tacky, elbow wraps.
- Any and all anatomical limitations preventing a lockout as described above must be demonstrated to the judges prior to the start of the event. This is solely the responsibility of the athlete.
- One attempt for Distance MAX 80ft /TIME
- UNLIMITED DROPS. UNLIMITED PICKS 180 Second Time Limit
- The course IS STRAIGHT.
- The implements start with the front of the implement or the front plate on the starting line. Measurements are taken from the back of the implement or from the back plate of the implement that is farthest back.
- No excessive sliding will be permitted. Distance will be measured from point of contact, not where implements slide to.
- Various Yoke designs may be used however every Yoke should be able to adjust height.
- Athlete will start with the Yoke on the floor and shoulders under the crossbar.
- No excessive sliding of the yoke or tire will be permitted. Disqualification from the event if sliding is obvious, or a 2 second penalty if inadvertent.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, wrist wraps. GRIP SHIRT ALLOWED.
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky, lifting straps or hooks.
- 1 attempt for repetitions.
- There is 60 second time limit.
- Heavy Car Deadlift Apparatus will be used.
- Weights must touch the floor before the athlete may proceed to the next rep.
- TOUCH N GO ALLOWED, NO BOUNCING.
- Good Lift: Athlete must lift the apparatus to a standing position with head up, shoulders back, legs and feet in line. Once the signal is given for the lift the athlete must return the bar to the floor under control.
- Vaseline, baby oil, or similar product may NOT be used.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Lifting Straps,
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky or similar product. Lifting hooks. NO BRIEFS, NO SUITS.
STONES OF STEEL OVER BAR
- Max Reps in 60 seconds.
- There is a 60 second time limit.
- Bar Height: 48” – 52”
- Stones will placed at the base of the bar.
- The stones must be loaded in a controlled manner.
- Athlete starts with hands on the bar.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Stickum and Grip Towel, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Forearm sleeves. Grip Shirt allowed.
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Belt buckle providing a “shelf”. No built-up shoes to provide extra height. NO TACKY
Schedule & Check-Ins
Friday – Weigh-in/Check-in
Friday, October 22nd, 1 pm to 3 pm
American Iron Gym
650 South Rock Blvd
Reno, NV 89502
1:00 PM – Competitions at the Legion Sports Fest Expo
1:00 PM – Competitions at the Legion Sports Fest Expo
We can’t do it without you! Please EMAIL us if you are interested in volunteering to help in any capacity at our local athletic competitions. (This is a great opportunity for spouses and significant others)! Thank you.