Brought to you by the American Iron Sports Foundation
LOCATION: Legion Sports Fest Expo at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center
October 8 – 9, 2022
Top Strongman and women will battle for the title of the Legion Sports Fest’s STRONGEST. Competitors will push themselves to the limits competing in your favorite events such as the Farmer’s Carry + Keg Medley, Log Clean and Press for Reps, Yoke + Tire Flip Medley, Heavy Car Deadlifts, and Stone Over Bar. Hosted by American Iron Gym and the American Iron Sports Foundation.
1:00 PM Start Time Saturday & Sunday
Day 1 Events:
Axle Overhead Press for Reps
LW W: 110
MW W: 130
HW W: 150
LW M: 215
MW M: 240
HW M: 270
Yoke and Sandbag Medley
LW W: y350 s50 s100
MW W: y400 s100 s130
HW W: y450 s130 s150
LW M: y550 s150 s180
MW M: y600 s180 s230
HW M: Y650 s230 s260
Axle Wagon Wheel Deadlifts
LW W: 285
MW W: 315
HW W: 365
LW M: 400
MW M: 450
HW M: 500
Day 2 Events:
Husafell Carry for Distance
LW W: 175
MW W: 200
HW W: 225
LW M: 275
MW M: 300
Arm Over Arm Truck Pull
Axle Overhead Press for Reps: Axle will be cleaned 1 time, then press away. The time will be 60 Seconds.
Yoke and Sandbag Medley: Athletes will yoke down 60 ft, then go back to the beginning to pick up sandbags. Carry sandbag to yoke, sandbag over the bar on the yoke. There will be a second sandbag to do the same.
Axle Wagon Wheel Deadlifts: Athletes are allowed straps, straps will count with time. Deadlifts for reps in 60 seconds.
Husafell Carry for Distance: Athletes will pick up husafell off jerk block then carry for max distance.
Arm Over Arm Truck Pull: Athletes will be seated in tires to perform pull. A 60-second time limit for a truck to move 50 ft.
Weight Classes: (Strongman Corporation)
Heavy Weight Men’s 300.5+
300# Class 264.5 – 300.4#
265# Class 231.5 – 264.5#
Men’s Middleweight Men Division:
200.5# Class to 231.4#
175.5# Class to 200.4#
Men’s Lightweight Division:
UP TO 150# Class
150.5# TO 175.4 #
Heavyweight Women 200.5# Class and Up
180.5# CLASS TO 200.4#
160.5# Class to 180.4#
140.5# Class to 160.4#
120.5# Class to 140.4#
Up to 120.4#
Strongman Event Rules and Parameters:
LOG CLEAN AND PRESS
- One attempt, Clean and Press each rep.
- There may be a 60-second time limit.
- 12” Log with handles set 24” to 29” apart.
- Athlete may press, push press, push jerk or split jerk the log overhead to a locked-out position.
- Athlete must wait for the “Good” down signal to get credit and continue with the next rep.
- The athlete must lower the log under control. No deliberate dropping of the log will be permitted. The athlete may forfeit his attempt in doing so.
- Good Lift: Log locked out under control overhead with arms straight, head thru, legs and feet parallel and stationary.
- Equipment allowed: Belt, chalk, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee wraps or sleeves. Grip Shirts.
- Equipment NOT allowed: Any item placed within the belt to provide a “shelf”. Back of belt built up to no more than 8” wide. Tacky, elbow wraps.
- Any and all anatomical limitations preventing a lockout as described above must be demonstrated to the judges prior to the start of the event. This is solely the responsibility of the athlete.
- One attempt for Distance MAX 80ft /TIME
- UNLIMITED DROPS. UNLIMITED PICKS 180 Second Time Limit
- The course IS STRAIGHT.
- The implements start with the front of the implement or the front plate on the starting line. Measurements are taken from the back of the implement or from the back plate of the implement that is farthest back.
- No excessive sliding will be permitted. Distance will be measured from point of contact, not where implements slide to.
- Various Yoke designs may be used however every Yoke should be able to adjust height.
- Athlete will start with the Yoke on the floor and shoulders under the crossbar.
- No excessive sliding of the yoke or tire will be permitted. Disqualification from the event if sliding is obvious, or a 2 second penalty if inadvertent.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, wrist wraps. GRIP SHIRT ALLOWED.
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky, lifting straps or hooks.
- 1 attempt for repetitions.
- There is 60 second time limit.
- Heavy Car Deadlift Apparatus will be used.
- Weights must touch the floor before the athlete may proceed to the next rep.
- TOUCH N GO ALLOWED, NO BOUNCING.
- Good Lift: Athlete must lift the apparatus to a standing position with head up, shoulders back, legs and feet in line. Once the signal is given for the lift the athlete must return the bar to the floor under control.
- Vaseline, baby oil, or similar product may NOT be used.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Lifting Straps,
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky or similar product. Lifting hooks. NO BRIEFS, NO SUITS.
STONES OF STEEL OVER BAR
- Max Reps in 60 seconds.
- There is a 60-second time limit.
- Bar Height: 48” – 52”
- Stones will placed at the base of the bar.
- The stones must be loaded in a controlled manner.
- Athlete starts with hands on the bar.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Stickum and Grip Towel, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Forearm sleeves. Grip Shirt allowed.
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Belt buckle providing a “shelf”. No built-up shoes to provide extra height. NO TACKY
Schedule & Check-Ins
Friday – Weigh-in/Check-in
Friday, October 7th, 1 pm to 3 pm
American Iron Gym
650 South Rock Blvd
Reno, NV 89502
1:00 PM – Competitions at the Legion Sports Fest Expo
1:00 PM – Competitions at the Legion Sports Fest Expo
We can’t do it without you! Please EMAIL us if you are interested in volunteering to help in any capacity at our local athletic competitions. (This is a great opportunity for spouses and significant others)! Thank you.