Classic Physique, Bodybuilding, & Women’s Physique
- Competitors will not perform posing free posing round.
- Up to 8 athletes will go on stage to the judging line as instructed by the stage expediter. If there are more than eight athletes, the group will be split in half or be brought to the stage in groups of 5.
- Initial comparisons take place running competitors through all compulsory poses.
- After Initial comparisons, competitors will move to the diagonal line, filling to stage right, front to the back and then stage left front to the back. Like a “V” shape, the bottom of the “V” is the back of the stage.
- Judges will then call athletes by number for “First all out.” The will call 5-6 competitors at a time, running competitors through mandatory poses. Stage expediter assists in identifying athletes in the call out and moving them to the appropriate spot as the judge requests.
- Upon completion, if there is LESS THAN one “CALL OUT” you will be instructed to file off stage by the judges and stage expediter.
- If there is MORE THAN one “CALL OUT,” the first group will file to the diagonal. The judges will then call “SECOND CALL OUT.” This may repeat depending on the number of competitors.
- Follow the instructions of the judges and stage expediter to know when to leave the stage. It will vary based on the number of athletes in your class.
Fitness does not perform at Pre-Judging. There is no comparison round for fitness and thus only the routine is judged at Finals.
Finals is the awards presentations and live judging for overall winners. All athletes will participate in Finals. NPC West Coast athletes enter from stage RIGHT.
Bikini, Figure, & Men’s Physique – DJ provides music
- Walk to downstage directly toward the judges to the “1”.
- Perform 2-3 poses lasting no more than 15 seconds.
- Walk to YOUR right and off the stage to the side from which you entered the stage.
- You will be informed by the expediter if you are in the TOP 5.
- Top 5 will return to the stage and will stand on the diagonal line as the Top 5 awards are called.
Classic Physique, Bodybuilding, Fitness & Women’s Physique – You will provide music to the DJ at weigh-ins. Music can be brought on USB or CD. All music must be provided at check-ins.
- ALL Competitor will perform up to a 60-second posing routine. Leave stage after posing. Immediately return to the backstage entrance to find our if you are in the Top 5.
- TOP 5 will be brought out to stand on stage LEFT diagonal
- Fitness Performs a 2-minute routine which is judged live.
You will do your walk or pose only in the first class. When you are on stage TWO or more times for a crossover class, you will only return to the stage for that class if you are in the Top 5 and receiving an award. The expediters will help you with this process.
Awards will be called from 5th place to 1st place.
The placement on stage is laid out as such. Note that this is the order from the judge’s angle.
4 2 1 3 5
- When you hear your name and number called, move to the placement on the stage.
- The trophy presenter will place a medal around your neck.
- After all the awards have been announced, you will take a photo with the trophy presenters
- You will take a second photo without the presenters and only your fellow athletes.
- If it is an overall, you will take a photo alone with your trophy. Take a photo holding your trophy and another with the trophy on the floor. Hit your favorite poses for the photos.
Remember always to smile, show fantastic sportsmanship, and respect for your fellow athletes and judges. This will pay off big in the future of your contest career.
All overall winners should stay until the end for a group photo.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Although we make every effort to follow the above stage blocking, it is subject to change. The head judge and promoter reserves the options to make any changes and will do so when necessary based on the pace of the show, flow, and the number of athletes. Changes that may occur include, but are not limited, to shortening of posing times, change of stage blocking, cutting posing routines, allowing only top 5 or top 10 to pose, cutting or shortening posing routines of bottom placing competitors, etc.