SNATCH + CLEAN & JERK COMPETITIONS BY PACIFIC WEIGHTLIFTING ASSOCIATION
October 8 & 9, 2022
The floors will shake at the 2021 LEGION USA WEIGHTLIFTING events, Single Lift Weightlifting, and Power Clean events at the Legion Sports Fest. Olympic Weightlifting lifts include full weightlifting or single lifts for snatch and clean and jerk.
2022 INFORMATION COMING SOON!
The event will take place at the LEGION SPORTS FEST, at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center. It will take place inside the Legion Sports Fest Expo Hall 2.
Seminar with Olympian Kuinini Manumua:
9 am – 10:30 am Saturday and Sunday – Snatch and Clean Progression:
Saturday: 10:30 – 5pm (Major lifts every hour)
Sessions Sunday: 10:30 – 5pm (Major lifts every hour)
- Three attempts in the snatch (one unique lift from floor to overhead)
- The competitor is credited with the best attempt
Clean & Jerk
- Three attempts (two-part lift, one to shoulder, one overhead)
- The athlete is credited with the best attempt
- *Cannot bend or re-bend your elbows in the overhead position to attain total lock out
- Two best lifts combined for the athlete’s total score
- Highest total wins
- In the event of a tie, whoever achieved the total first is declared the winner